Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Frontiers of Pandora -- Play Information & Release Date

 Oel ayngati kameie, ma smuk! I see you, brothers and sisters :)

 We finally got some great news regarding Ubisoft's upcoming game, Frontiers of Pandora! 

It's going to release on December 7th, 2023!

We got 2 release trailers showing off some truly gorgeous scenery!! They're linked in the bottom of this blog.

 

Game-play, I think, is the most important question--how are we going to be able to play? Can we switch between first and third person?

Well, sadly the answer on POV is no. It's a forced first-person perspective until you are riding an ikran or pa'li (direhorse), where it switches to third person POV.

So let's go over some relevant information straight  from Ubisoft's blog:

"A stand-alone adventure set within the Avatar universe, you will explore and protect a never-before-seen continent of Pandora: the Western Frontier in first-person. Your Na'vi character is customizable with options including different body types, voices and body paint, and like you, your character will learn how to be a Na'vi, including how to harness your formidable strength and agility while traversing through the stunning and dangerous open world. Add to that your knowledge of humans, their weapons and technology from years of RDA training, and you are uniquely equipped to combat the RDA and protect Pandora. "

While it doesn't say you can switch between genders, I think it's probably a given that you can. It's also clear in their blog that you can use both Na'vi and human weapons. I like that they specify the Na'vi weapons are more precise, so I think the human weapons will not be so over-powered.

Additionally, we get this lovely nugget: 

"The game will also have a number of accessibility options at launch, such as control remapping, subtitles and subtitle size adjustments, and color-blind modes. Your adventure can also be shared: play Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora either in single-player, or two-player online co-op."

And honestly, I also love that you cannot side with the RDA, unlike the first Ubisoft Avatar PC game. I mean, morally speaking, it's the wrong thing to do--you shouldn't want to destroy Pandora or the Na'vi! Also, I don't think it would make sense for the character.

It is a curious story-line--a kidnapped child, made to grow up in the way of the invaders--yes, colonizers, too--but then you get to learn about where you truly belong as a Na'vi. This takes away the dilemma an Avatar might face, and I think honestly it was a good call for the team to make.

And... it's so beautiful! The forest where the trees float above the ground, the mountains, everything! I really hope the day-night cycle in the game is independent of storyline progression, because then it will truly feel open-world to me. I have to admit, I basically want Skyrim on Pandora.

I really can't wait for this game, and I hope other fans are just as excited for it. We'll need it to tide us over after, sadly, the news that the next few Avatar movies have been delayed. Avatar 3 is now slated for December 2025. 

I've linked the Ubisoft trailers below for convenience, so please enjoy them!

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

 

You can also look at pre-order options here on the Ubisoft site!
 

There are also pre-orders seperately for a Collector's Edition! Sadly, it seems only for PS5 and XBox... which as a PCer gamer I am NOT happy about. And to up the exclusivity even more, you must (at least for now) PowerUp Rewards Pro member to buy it.

 

Nonetheless, I'm still excited for the game itself. I can't wait to explore Pandora!

Siva ko!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Short Review of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and What I ACTUALLY Wish I Knew Before Buying

By short review, this is actually a re-posting of a post I left on the Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Facebook page because... oh. my. Eywa.  ...