Thursday, November 3, 2022

Avatar 2 Trailer!

THE TRAILER HAS ARRIVED!!!!


 
(Also, you can view it in 4K here!!)

 Wow. All I can really say is, WOW. 

\(💙o💙) /

There is SO MUCH I want to say, but the feeling is overwhelming. Actually, I stayed up super late/early (until 5:30 am my time!) when they finally released the trailer. By then I was tired and kind of stressed, but it was worth it for staying up to see the trailer. Just a minute after it aired on Good Morning America, where it was initially released, the official Avatar YouTube posted it and shared the link on social media.

 

It is such a good day to be an Avatar fan!

 

People can be haters on it, but they're all swallowing their tongues right now--and if they're still speaking against it, they're not letting themselves feel how they really feel, or they're too afraid to do so, or they're just being contrarian. There is no way to watch that trailer without it pulling on your heartstrings, and pull it does! The story is good, and so are the characters. Actually, they're awesome!


Also.... KIRI KIRI KIRI KIRI KIRI KIRI KIRI!!!! 💙💙💙💙💙

 


 I LOVE HER SO MUCH ALREADY! 

 

To me none of her symbolism is accidental. To me, she is indeed Grace reborn. In the words of Mo'at before the Tree of Souls:


Pori tireati, munge mì nga, (Take this spirit into you)

ulte tìng ayoer nì'eyng hu ngeyä ya. (and breathe her back to us.)  

Tivìran po ayoekip na Na'viyä hapxì! (Let her walk among us as one of The People!)

 

And indeed, Eywa has done just that. Now, I don't think she is aware of it of course, but you know, I bet she can feel it somehow....

Besides being played by Sigourney Weaver, Kiri also wears the same necklace Grace wore in her human form. It makes me wonder, in the scene where she is in a human building watching a video of Grace, does she find her necklace and is she drawn to take it? The symbolism is no mistake. Even her forehead markings look like Grace's avatar's did.

Kiri is so beautiful. She is a beautfiul soul. You can read her ever emotion. She is in awe of everything around her, she sees beauty everywhere and, as we can now tell in the new trailer, she is extremely intuitive. It seems she can feel things or perceive them like no one else can. And her voice is just amazing too. She sounds like an "old soul", and I find it lovely.

 "I hear her heartbeat. She's so close."

What does this mean?! Is it Eywa's heartbeat? But how can she be "close"? Is it metaphysical? Is it Eywa's "heartbeat"? Is it Grace's? Someone else's? Ahhhh, the possibilities!

There is so much to wonder and discover! *-*

I have been drawn inexplicably to Kiri since we first saw her. Initially I wanted to post a trailer breakdown, but I am not going to do that. Instead I just want to go on feelings and what really stuck out to me, in a bit of a fangirly way as I go down the list 😄

  • When Neytiri shouts, "This is our home!" Oh, I felt that. I wonder if someone, probably Jake, said something he probably shouldn't have....!
  • There are a few hard callbacks to Avatar. One is when Kiri says "mighty." To me this felt and sounded exactly like when Neytiri was telling Jake the story of the first toruk makto and that he "was mighty." 
  • The second callback is Jake helping his son with the bow, a call to when Neytiri was teaching Jake archery. 
  • And, of course, perhaps most emotional of all -- "Strong heart." Need I say more?! Oh gosh, Neytiri's expression!!! *cue bawling here*
  •  Actually, Neytiri pulling back on her bow in the forest is definitely reminiscent of when we first saw her! But now carrying Jake's child. 
  • Various scenes including that one mentioned directly above make me think Avatar 2 will open up with us seeing highlights from the past 10 years of Neytiri and Jake's lives. I think that is so awesome! We get to see the kids grow up!
  • Neytiri's new ikran is gorgeousssss!
  • The Na'vi baby in the water! Awwww!! Who's baby is that?!(It does look Metkayina, by the coloration. I wonder if they birth in water---omg is it Ronal's baby?!?!?!)
  • QUARRITCH. OMG. I don't like his character, but what a GREAT villian he is, and that scene was morbid and chilling. He's crushing his own skull! There is a hint of something very light-colored behind that skull, must be the AMP suit! O_O What does that do to a person's mentality?! Yikes! His expression almost looks regretful, but I don't think that word fits Quarritch very well. Does he see weakness now in his human body? Or is he feeling disgusted because he is stuck in the body of an Avatar? I can't wait to see his arch in this!!
    Also, this image from Fandango pretty much confirms this!
  • https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FggKWC_VEAAFePs?format=jpg&name=medium
  •  Tsireya: "I see you." (💙o💙) 
  •  The ilu!!! *hugs all the ilu*!
  • Kiri doing the thing. You know what thing I'm talking about! WOW WOW WOW!
  • Finally I just wanna say Tsireya is also gorgeous. So is Ronal!

Okay, I think I am done fangirling. For now. Ha!

Also, today, fittingly, I also got 2 more pins I ordered for my ita-bag!


I also added a card-holder on the side to display a Na'vi language card!


Wow, I am feeling so good. I think a lot of Avatar fans are feeling the same!



(We feel like this!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Short Review of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and What I ACTUALLY Wish I Knew Before Buying

By short review, this is actually a re-posting of a post I left on the Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Facebook page because... oh. my. Eywa.  ...