Thursday, December 15, 2022

Avatar: The Way of Water - So Close!

 

I get to see Avatar 2 in less than 16 hours....



I really can't believe it. I can't believe I am typing that and it's true. It all feels so surreal; after SO LONG waiting for the next Avatar movie, and I am so, so close--along with many other fans!

I haven't been active much on deviantArt which used to be my primary mode of connecting with other fans. Well, it's just not my preferred media of use since they updated the website about two years ago or so. But, my passion and love for Avatar has not died down at all, and I hope this blog shows that, at least to some extent. Honestly, it's more for myself since I don't really expect anyone to read it. Heck, even getting comments on a dA blog is hard. I think that's why I stopped--no one really seemed to care or appreciate the time taken to write. If people did read it, indications that they did so were rare. Actually, writing here on this blog isn't so very rewarding in that connection aspect, either.

Isn't the point of writing and sharing art so we can connect over it? Instead people might fav my art, which is nice, but then they just move on. No comment on why they liked it, or what it made them feel; nothing. The connection isn't there.

Fans of Avatar will know -- it's about Connection, being connected as one (among other messages, but that is a big one). Unfortunately I have tried two places to connect; one is on discord, but I feel like I'm invading a community that is long established. Everyone knows everyone else, and I am an outsider, or at least a I feel that way. The other place I tried in was in Second Life. Well, again, I feel like an outsider, but that's because... well, I won't get into it. I maintain my store there and that is it. I want to connect with people there, but I won't role-play; I really do not have the time anyway.

I know how Jake's son feels among the Metkayina....

So, really, I've mostly been keeping my fandom and excitement to myself. It sucks, but it is what it is. I only write here when I get super excited.

At some point, I might even resume my art, but actually I have been working on my 3d skills as well as other creative skills the past two years. I have no doubt Avatar 2 will get me in the mood to do my art again, though. Actually, I even already created the new style of Na'vi tail, the big, flat one the Metkayina have! I think other things about their anatomy are going to be difficult, but we shall see.

I don't mean for any of this journal to sound negative, but I want to be truthful. And as I indicated at the beginning, I still can't believe we're so close to seeing it. Until I'm in that seat and the first notes of sound play, I don't think I'll believe I'm in anything other than a dream! As Quarritch says, "Time to wake up!" 

 

                                                               My last Avatar art piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Short Review of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora and What I ACTUALLY Wish I Knew Before Buying

By short review, this is actually a re-posting of a post I left on the Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Facebook page because... oh. my. Eywa.  ...